BELS Environmental Policy sets out the organisation's commitment to the environment.
BELS has implemented several initiatives to improve its environmental performance.
There are a lot of simple ways in which our office has been made more cost effective, environmentally aware and energy efficient.
Here are some of the practical things we are doing:
- All office equipment including PCs & Monitors, copiers and printers are switched off every night;
- Lights are turned off when not in use;
- Equipment is only turned on when required.
Waste Minimisation / Management:
- Documents are only printed if a hard copy is really needed;
- All photocopying and publications are produced in double-sided format, where possible;
- Junk Mail and unwanted publications are cancelled to reduce the amount of waste;
- Electronic communication is used where possible to reduce printing and faxing;
- Stationary, envelopes and paper are re-used wherever possible;
- Items that cannot be reused are recycled whenver possible;
- Recycled paper is used;
- Disposable catering products such as plastic cups have been replaced with reusable items.